Best Side Dishes is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My easy Creamed Corn Casserole recipe uses just 5 ingredients and is ready in only 35 minutes! Buttery and luscious, this amazing Jiffy corn casserole is an excellent addition to your holiday menu or as a side dish for a backyard BBQ. Enjoy it year-round!
- Best Creamed Corn Casserole Recipe
- Baked Corn Casserole Ingredients
- How to Make Corn Casserole
- Corn Casserole Recipe FAQs
- How to Double the Creamed Corn Casserole Recipe
- Gluten-Free Jiffy Corn Casserole
- Dairy-Free Corn Casserole
- Vegan Corn Casserole Instructions
- More Best Side Dishes
- 📌 Pin it for later!
- Best Creamed Corn Casserole (5 Ingredients)
Best Creamed Corn Casserole Recipe
One of my favorite side dishes to make every year for the holidays, and as a side dish for hearty beef recipes like ribs, is my baked creamed corn casserole. My family is wild about this dish! It's buttery, soft, and filled with the flavor of sweet creamed corn and whole corn kernels.
You really can't go wrong with my Jiffy corn casserole. Because it uses a corn muffin mix as the base, this recipe is literally as easy as it gets. Mix everything together in a bowl, spread it into a baking dish, bake, and serve. That's just 3 steps!
This easy corn pudding can be made last minute or ahead of time. It's perfect for pairing with ham, roast beef, turkey, and thanks to its luscious corn flavor, it's even delicious paired with BBQ recipes like braised short ribs and smoked brisket.
That makes it a side dish recipe you can enjoy year-round!
Baked Corn Casserole Ingredients
- Jiffy corn muffin mix (equal to 8.5 ounces)
- whole kernel canned corn
- canned creamed corn
- butter melted
How to Make Corn Casserole
- Mix all your ingredients in a bowl.
- Evenly spread the mixture in a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
Making corn casserole from scratch is easy - just 5 ingredients in 3 steps! It really is that simple!
Corn Casserole Recipe FAQs
Creamed corn casserole and corn pudding are essentially the same dishes as they use the same ingredients as one another.
The primary difference between cornbread and corn pudding or creamed corn casserole is in the ingredients used. Creamed corn casserole from scratch uses fewer ingredients overall, and creamed corn as well as whole kernel corn. Cornbread typically uses a cornbread mix or cornmeal, but no fresh or creamed corn.
Although the canned whole kernel corn in this easy corn casserole recipe is not drained, you can use frozen or fresh whole corn kernels instead if you prefer. Thaw the frozen corn first according to package instructions.
Freeze corn casserole after baking by allowing it to cool completely, then cover it tightly with plastic wrap and foil. Label with the freezing date and store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Reheat whole creamed corn casserole in an oven preheated to 300°F for 20-30 minutes or until heated through, or reheat individual slices in the microwave for 30 seconds a slice.
How to Double the Creamed Corn Casserole Recipe
To double-bak corn casserole, double the ingredients, use a 9 by 13-inch baking dish and bake for 60 minutes instead of 30.
Gluten-Free Jiffy Corn Casserole
To make creamed corn casserole gluten-free, use a gluten-free cornbread mix instead of Jiffy corn muffin mix. Make sure to measure it out to the same amount as the mix used in this recipe.
Dairy-Free Corn Casserole
Because I do not use milk or sour cream in my baked-creamed corn casserole, making this dish dairy-free is very easy. To make dairy-free creamed corn casserole, use a non-dairy butter alternative instead of butter.
If you love corn side dishes, try our corn ribs!
Vegan Corn Casserole Instructions
To make vegan creamed corn casserole, replace the butter in this dish with a vegan butter alternative, and the egg with vegan egg substitute (such as a simple mix of cornstarch and water).
More Best Side Dishes
- Gluten-free Green Bean Casserole
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Chorizo Stuffing
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Scalloped Potatoes
- Au Gratin Vegetables
Did you try this recipe? Let us know in the comments below, and leave a rating! We love to hear from you.
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Best Creamed Corn Casserole (5 Ingredients)
- 1 large bowl for mixing
- 8 by 8-inch baking dish (or 9 by 13-inch dish for doubling)
- Cooking spray
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix (equal to 8.5 ounces)
- 14 ounce can whole kernel corn do not drain
- 14 ounce can creamed corn
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine.1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix, 14 ounce can whole kernel corn, 14 ounce can creamed corn, 1 stick butter, 1 egg
- Evenly spread cornbread casserole mixture into a greased 8 by 8-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes. When done, remove from the oven and allow to cool before cutting into squares. Serve with pats of butter and drizzled honey. Enjoy!
- To double, use double the ingredients, a 9 by 13-inch baking dish, and bake for 60 minutes instead of 30.
- To make ahead of time:
- Before baking: Allow casserole to cool, then cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator. Before serving, remove plastic wrap and heat in an oven preheated to 300°F for 20-30 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Unbaked: Cover corn casserole completely with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator. When ready to bake, remove from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature. Bake according to recipe instructions.
- Rest 10 minutes before serving and slicing so the casserole can firm up.